Summer Intern Wanted for Dynamic Neighborhood in Youngstown Ohio
The Rocky Ridge Neighborhood Association (RRNA) on the West Side of Youngstown and the Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corporation (YNDC) is seeking a summer intern seeking work experiences in the fields of neighborhood development and marketing.
The neighborhood organization was founded in 2010. The RRNA concentrates its efforts in marketing, social and community engagement, and improving the neighborhood. In coordination with YNDC, the RRNA is implementing their strategic housing plan and is looking to develop a marketing strategy.
Details of the position include:
- The position will be primarily located at the offices of the Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corporation (YNDC) on Canfield Road in Youngstown Ohio.
- Position is for 13 weeks, 20 hours a week, with a wage of $10 an hour.
- The summer internship will be from the week starting May 16 to the week ending Friday Aug 12.
- Position will report to a Project Manager at YNDC, with additional mentoring by the RRNA’s President.
- Collaboration with the RRNA’s President will take place for 2-3 hours on occasional weekends. All other times will be spent at YNDC’s offices or in the field, on weekdays.
- The candidate must pass a background and drug check.
- Tasks during the internship may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and budget a marketing plan for neighborhood housing and RRNA’s initiatives
- Assist on implementing existing housing action plan
- Engage local realtors
- Research property ownership, tax delinquency, and code enforcement information
- Strengthen content for RRNA’s existing website (designed using WordPress)
- Collaborate with officials within the City of Youngstown
- Build resident capacity within neighborhood though individual engagement
- People who perform well with limited supervision and tight deadlines.
- Experience in WordPress, and Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Individuals with a high ethical standard, to match the integrity of neighborhood residents.
- Ability to meet supervisors in various locations within the City of Youngstown.
- Candidates are requested to identify any experience in marketing.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter by Feb 27 to RockyRidgeNeighbors@gmail.com
Interviews will commence in the beginning of March. This experience can be used for course credit, if approved by the chair of your department.